Saturday, August 15, 2009

A whirlwind of updates...

Okay, pardon the long absence of updating this blog... the pictures are coming, I promise! Life has been kind of crazy this last month- the week after having Lucy at the beginning of July, I broke out into a case of massively horrid hives. Mmmm... We aren't sure what caused them, but I was definitely miserable. That has been followed by some serious jaw and mouth pain, courtesy of the wisdom teeth that I should have had pulled a few years back. Especially now that I don't have dental insurance. To top it all off, physically at least, a cold was shared by all in the family. And Dan was let go at his job, leaving him to continue his job hunting. Great.
You know what's funny though? For all the not wonderful things happening in life right now, life is WONDERFUL. We have had the opportunity to have family come visit us and to have our sweet little Lucy blessed. We have an amazing 20-month-old that gets cuter everyday. There are so many blessings in our lives! It seems like no matter what stage in life we are at, we are always asking God, "What is going on?!! Why is this happening?" Yeah, that never stops. But it doesn't mean that life isn't getting continually better. Dan and I are so grateful for all the blessings and tender mercies that have appeared in our lives... and that includes awesome people like YOU! We thank all the terrific family and friends that we have been blessed with, who care so much about us and give us so much. In this mini "Job-like" time that we are having, we appreciate all of you that help us remember who we are and remind us that we are doing the right things. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I know what that is like!! I'm glad you have so much faith, because when I was going through something like that, it was torturous. It was almost like feeling my family was forgotten. But, sometimes Heavenly Father knows that we need to grow and to teach us just how much He loves and knows us, individually! I've heard a talk by Elder Scott that states soemthing to the point of how God makes us work hard for huge blessings. Sometimes we'll be cyring out in agony and feel like He doesn't hear us, but He does. For whatever reason, He knows that these experiences teach us. Hang in there, we'll pray for you and I have no doubt that things will get better. Remember that "God ceaseth not to be God" and He does answer prayers -powerfully. See Mos 24:14 - it helped me a lot when I was going through a tough time. Your little girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete