Saturday, September 4, 2010

August in Review

August was a busy month, full of fun and friends.  Life could not be better right now, we are just loving our two girls and we feel so blessed to have them.  Jenna has been potty training for the last three days and she is doing sooo good!  The first day was rough, but today she has only had one accident!  I think she's catching on quickly and I'm so excited.  Only one in diapers? Yes, please!  Lucy is our little darling.  She is 13 months and loves to stand up by herself, but refuses to walk.  She'll come around, we're just letting her go at her own pace and trying to not force her.  Anyways, here's a taste of our August for you...



During bathtime I like to play with the girls' hair.  This time was particularly funny, because Jenna looked at Lucy and said, "She's a sun!" 

So we made Jenna a unicorn... or something...

Our friends, the Hutsells, also had a baby a little while ago, so I thought I'd give Julie a little mommy/daughter bonding with her new baby.  I took her sweet girl, Kairi, to the Discovery Kid's Museum with us.  Jenna and Kairi had so much fun together.  They're great little buddies!
They sat here in front of Brookstone and wouldn't get up until I took their picture- so funny!

Playing in the museum...

There are so many great things to do in Utah.  There is this place called Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, where there are a lot of different things to do.  During August they have $2 Tuesdays, where you can get into any of the attractions for just $2 a person.  We chose to go to their farm and dinosaur museum.  We went with some of our friends from our ward, and had so much fun!

Jenna and her friend Olivia on a cow bench
Lucy looking cute and Jenna riding a pretend tractor on the farm
Tractor ride
Eating ice cream
At the dinosaur museum, being eaten by a shark, aaahhhh!

As if that isn't enough fun things, we had a gift card to the Hogle Zoo, so we went last Saturday and the weather was perfect!

Riding the zoo train
We waved to the elephants...
...and laughed at giraffes too.
At the very end of the month, we had an amazing thunder/hailstorm.  It actually woke me up.  Our battery was dead when the storm started, so I rushed to charge it.  This picture was actually later in the storm.  The storm was literally right on top of us.  The lightning was so close, it was blinding.  I've never seen/ heard anything like it.
And the hail.  Oh, the hail.  It seriously came in a sheet.  You could hear it coming- it was kind of scary.  All of the hail came in less than 5 minutes, but it covered the ground.

At the very end of the month, I noticed how big and cute my girls are.  How can they be getting so old?!!  I still feel like Dan and I just got married.  They are just so wonderful.  I had to snap some pictures of them just to remember them at this stage.


We had a great family night where we made carmel popcorn.  Here are some cute videos of the girls.

2 comments:

  1. Yay we made your blog!! Well at least Olivia did. :) That was a fun day at Thanksgiving point! I will get you all the pictures I took of the girls from that day asap.

    And i agree that hailstorm was something else! I thought hours after it was over that I should have taken pictures of it. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like your having fun. Eric is not walking yet either at fourteen months but he can stand up and wave to you from the middle of the floor. which means he can walk but chooses not too. good luck on getting your kids down to one in diapers.

    ReplyDelete