In December, my sweet girl turned FOUR. When did this happen?!! I can believe that Jenna is four, but I find it much harder to believe that I am the mother of that four year old. We had a family party to attend that evening, so we celebrated her birthday in the morning. I spent the previous evening doing this...
...hanging balloons on her door. We weren't going to be having a big birthday party or anything, so we really wanted to make sure she felt special that day with a few things.
Her special present this year was a bike. She has a little one, but outgrew it so quickly, we knew it was time for a new one.
What a big girl!
At her request, we had waffles for breakfast, which she got to eat off of the special birthday plate.
And of course, we let her play with the balloons. She promplty wrapped them all over her bike for decoration.
I also asked Jenna a few questions about herself that I hope to ask her every year to see how her answers change. Here they are:
- What is your favorite color? Pink
- What is your favorite toy? My doggie
- What is your favorite fruit? Brocolli (fruit, eh?)
- What is your favorite TV show? Dora the Explorer
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Soup (really? not pb&j?)
- What is your favorite outfit? A dress- my yellow "Belle" one
- What is your favorite game? The Joy School game ( she had just played a game at Joy School- it involved marshmallows, of course making it her favorite)
- What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks
- What is your favorite animal? A bear
- What is your favorite song? I Am A Child of God
- What is your favorite book? I love lots of books, you know
- Who is your best friend? Jersey (little girl that lives two doors down)
- What is your favorite cereal? Frosted Flakes (umm, I've never given her frosted flakes)
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play baseball
- What is your favorite drink? Milk
- What is your favorite holiday? My birthday
- What do you take to bed with you at night? My doggie and my bee
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? I don't know
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess!
I love all her different answers, some are completely her, others... well it must have just been the first thing that came to her head. I mean, really soup? I know this kid loves her pb&j's. I can't wait to see how her answers differ next year.
Happy birthday dear Jenna. You are my first baby, and now my first 4 year old. I love you so much!