Saturday, January 21, 2012

Disney on Ice and a 10k

In November, we took the kids and Cousin Emma to see Disney on Ice. So much fun! We had front row seats so the girls had a great view and they LOVED it.  Here are some pics of their cute little excited faces.

So excited to go- I made little crowns for the girls and they were a hit!

Entranced...

Say cheese!

At the beginning of the show they had everyone get up and dance and clap their hands- so cute! Jenna and Emma were totally into it- Lu is having malfunctions with her crown. :)

It wasso hard to get them to smile during the show, they were just blank faced, totally transfixed by the Disney magic!

Me and the boy (note that he is also mesmerized)

During intermission- strike a pose Miss Emma!

The whole gang.

There were some really great things for the show... you'll have to go for yourself to see it, I think it is one of those things that are a special part of childhood magic.  My one sneak peak? The guy playing Aladdin totally looked like Apollo Anton Ohno. Maybe what he does on the off season? Ha!



On Thanksgiving Day, I geared up for my first official 10k race in Bountiful. What a great time! I'm slow and steady, 10-11 minute miles for me. But hey, I did it! It was a fun challenge.

Lucy and Jason waiting for me by the finish.

Jenna ran out to give me a high five just before I finished!

 I did it! Hooray!

On a side note, I actually ran my first half marathon on New Year's Eve at the Olympic Oval on their indoor track. We forgot to take any pictures, which is probably a good thing, I was ready to drop! I did not train like I should have for it, I kind of did it on a whim.  Doing a half marathon when the furthest you've ever run is just over 6 miles... not really a good idea.  My next run is the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in April.  I will be training hard for that one and I'll take lots of pictures. It is so nice to set a goal and achieve it!


Totally unrelated, here is a cute video of Lu. She makes my heart happy!

And thus, the update continues...

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME job Karla! Those little princesses are so cute (and of course that little prince of yours too)!

    ReplyDelete