Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our Sweet Boy

He's here, he's here! Okay, actually he's been here for a month.  Our sweet baby boy was born April 22, 2011 at 10:00 a.m.  His name is Jason Daniel Smith and he was 6 lbs 15 oz, our smallest baby so far ( I don't mind, I like small, healthy babies).  It was a nice normal labor and delivery, nothing too exciting.  We are so happy to have this sweet spirit in our lives and home.  Here are some pictures from his first couple days of life...


Anxiously awaiting baby Jason's arrival...

There he is!

 His lungs- yeah, they work pretty darn well!


Getting his hair washed- this is always my favorite part of getting my hair done at the salon, Jason seems to enjoy it too!

Just hanging out after his bath...


Baby burrito!


 Love our boy! I don't know if you can tell, but his forehead was all bruised because the doctor was trying to turn him to face-down.  Poor guy!
 Mommy and baby. Dan seriously took this picture at least 5 times. He kept saying, "Your eyes look funny in the pictures. Like you're stoned or something." Okay... how about up all night in labor and then pushing out a baby?!!  We finally got one that looked decent... :) 
 A good friend of ours took the girls for the day, and she brought them by later.  Jenna thought the window was awesome, and Lucy... well, she slept the entire time they were there!
 Our first family picture as a family of FIVE!! As you can see, Lucy is sleeping away.
 Lucy met Jason the next day when they came to take us home.
 Daddy loves his boy!
 Leaving the hospital
 Holy cow, we have a full backseat!

 Relaxing on the couch
 Jenna and Lucy LOVE Jason so much. Sometimes a little too much even! But here is a sweet moment of Lu and Jason- she loves to hold him and give him hugs and kisses.

 Although Jason was cleared at the hospital, at his 2 day check up he had a little bit of jaundice. He had to spend about 4 days on lights at home.  It wasn't fun, because we couldn't really hold him, which is all you want to do when you bring home your new baby!

 Grandma and Grandpa Orrell were able to come out and help that first week. We are sooo grateful for their help with baby Jason and the girls!
 We love Jason so much.  I feel like this time around I have really learned to cherish this time of sleepless nights.  It is for such a short time and I realized that we don't really know how many more times we'll be going through that stage.  I love to cuddle Jason in the middle of the night as he eats.  It may not be wonderful to get up at 3 in the morning, but I love the time just me and him! It's these times that we must remember and drink in as they happen.  Sleeping through the night will come soon enough, and before we know it, he'll be a toddler, running around.  For now, I just want to enjoy this wonderful time with our sweet tiny baby boy!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my cuteness! Congratulations to you & your sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Congratulations to all of you! He is perfect and such a handsome boy! I loved seeing the new family picture. You all look more complete somehow now. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so precious. In just a couple for months we'll be joining the ranks of family of five but for some reason that scares me. Good luck with your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!! He is so adorable! You two have such a sweet little fam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so sweet! I love what you said about cherishing the sleepless nights. While the sleep deprivation took a terrible toll on my body, as I was feeding Carson last night, I just kept snuggling with him. Since he's been straight formula for about a month, my husband usually gets up with him at night, and honestly, I miss spending that time with him. They grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete