Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We had a great 4th of July weekend.  We went up to Logan on Friday night to see Dan's family, and as luck would have it, the city's fireworks were that night!  We were excited, since we hadn't planned to see any.

Getting ready to go to Logan and looking cute!
 Waiting for the fireworks to start.
We went right across the street from Dan's grandma's house.  It was pretty far away, but just fine for the little girls.  You can see in this video how far away we were.  However, it is WAY cute to hear Lucy say fireworks...
We went up for Dan's other grandma's birthday celebration, but unfortunately, I forgot to take out my camera then!

On the actual 4th, we went down to Provo to watch their huge parade with some of my dad's family.  The girls had a great time, even though it was super hot.
Dan and Lu

 Jenna rockin' my sunglasses.
 Me and the top of Jason's head...
 This was the face Jenna would make every time a float went by with "princesses" (aka girls in pretty dresses)
She was ex.ci.ted.
 We then headed over to my aunt's house for a little bbq.  These were relatives that I hadn't seen for about 12 years! Yeah, things have changed... a little... I'm so glad we went, it was so wonderful to see them!

My dad and some of his siblings and their spouses
 What an awesome weekend, filled with family and fun! I love this time when we can reflect on this country and those who have fought so hard for our rights.  I am so grateful to be an American and enjoy the freedoms we do.  Happy Independence Day!

Our Happy 4th of July family picture

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! We were at the provo 4th of july parade too! Crazy! I'm bummed we didn't run into you guys! We were on the corner of 200 E. and center st. in front of the Smoot House. It seems we are destined to never see each other...sigh! Well, it's a small world...here's for hoping that we run into you and your cute little family soon:)

    ReplyDelete