Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lucy's 2nd Birthday

We did lots of celebrating for Lucy's birthday this year. Normally, we like to keep most birthdays low-key and throw a big party every few years.  We had just moved right before Lucy's 1st birthday and didn't know anyone to throw a big 1st birthday, so we decided to make a big deal out of her 2nd. Boy, did we....

First, we celebrated that Sunday, July 3rd, with my parents.  We really just had some ice cream to celebrate, but Lucy was still excited, in case you can't tell from the picture below! 
We sang her happy birthday...

On Tuesday, July 5th, Lucy recieved some balloons and a sweet bear from G-ma and G-pa Smith.  I don't know what it is about balloons, but kids sure love them!

On Lucy's real birthday, July 6th, my mom made her a yummy chocolate cake.

 She really enjoyed it...
 ...both the girls did!

Lu also opened some presents. This one was a cool beach ball that you hook up to a sprinkler and it sprays out of different places on the ball.
We also got her this way cool "sand boat". Obviously, no sand yet.

Then that following Saturday, we had a friend party with some friends from church and some great neighbors and some awesome relatives.

Here is the beach ball sprinkler in action.


 This picnic table has been one of our best finds at the DI.  It is super sturdy and as you can see, holds a ton of kids!
 This is Lucy and her cousin (if you want to get technical, her 1st cousin, once removed...aka, he's actually Dan's cousin) Asa.  He's 10 months here... he and Lu are the same size. Awesome.  She really is pretty darn petite!

 All the kids enjoyed the sandboat. with sand, of course.
 Cute girl!
 Our delicious looking cupcake display.
 If you were to ask Lu if she enjoyed her birthday...
 ...you bet she'd say yes!

Happy birthday my little Lu! I hope you enjoyed all your birthday celebrating. You are such a sweet little girl and I love watching you grow and be so creative and caring.  I can't  can wait to see you grow up into a beautiful young woman! Don't grow up to fast my love. I am enjoying every moment of you. I hope I'm making the cut as your mom! Love you lots!


And just because... check out this chubby bundle of cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. lots of fun, I think we mom's all hope we are doing our best. Just know that you are doing a really great job.

    ReplyDelete