Monday, January 18, 2010

Life's Best Moments

I think that as parents, we spend a lot of time wondering if we're raising our kids to be good, kind and generous people. As the mother of a 2-year-old and 6-month-old, I feel like I spend a lot of time wondering what kind of people my girls will be. Tonight gave me hopefully a little glimpse. We will be moving soon (more on that another time) and we just sold our dining room table. Dinner left us with no options but to pull up a teeny tiny end table and sit on some boxes. Jenna was sitting on one side of it as we pulled up her high chair. She said she didn't want to sit in her high chair, so I asked her, "If you sit there (on the box), where will Mommy sit?" and gave her a sad face. Jenna looked at me and jumped up and said, "Sit here!" It was so sweet and innocent the way she offered her chair up for me. I hope that she carries that giving nature throughout her life and continues being that sweet girl she is now.

1 comment: