Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jenna's Birthday

I'm still working on getting back up to date. Jenna celebrated her 2nd birthday on December 17th. Taking cue from my sister's good example with her kids, we made it a day to thank Heavenly Father for another wonderful year of life. We do that by doing something to serve others. This year, Jenna helped me make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for our neighbors. She colored wonderful cards that said "I'm glad you're my neighbor! Love, Jenna"
Here we are making the batter



Later that night, we took her to this thing at the zoo, called Zoo Lights. They put up tons of lights, in all sorts of shapes and sizes, animals, etc. It was really cool... and really COLD! We were freezing, but Jenna had a great time anyways!
Santa and his reindeer

We kept Lucy nice and warm as a little burrito!

This was a really cute display where the animals hand off the star to put it on the tree

Daddy and Jenna having fun on the carousel
What a wonderful birthday for our sweet 2-year-old! Jenna is such a blessing in our lives. She really is so wonderful and we love hearing her sing and learn things each day. Jenna is so smart and never ceases to amaze us. Here's to another wonderful year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the service tradition you guys have for birthdays! I have always tried to use my birthdays as a day to count my blessings year by year and thank family members for the special place each holds in my life. I'm not always successful but I have tried. Your tradition of service will be so special to your children as they grow and definitely keeps things in perspective. Love you all! Glad you had a special 2nd birthday, Jenna. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete